JPXpo's Cosplay Contest will be divided into three categories.
1. Dance Skits
2. Entertainment Skits (I.E. Comedy, drama, ETC.)
3. Walk Ons (Done as a "in character" fashion show.)
Each category has it's own rules, and grading. Please refer to the rules before registering.
General Rules for Cosplay Contest:
1. Costumes entered must pertain to japanese culture in some way (I.E. anime, manga, video games, Asian dramas, etc). Characters that have some influences, cross overs, or were inspired by anime, Manga or Asian culture and are allowed are from series such as, Avatar: The Last Air Bender, Capcom V.S. Series, Kill Bill, etc). No fan fic or original characters are allowed. (Unless they are the best thing we have ever seen. I.E. Give you the ability to fly, make bread, produce counterfeit money, etc.) If you have a costume and are concerned if it is eligible, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. In order to enter the Cosplay Contest you are required to purchase a weekend badge.
3. You can only participate in one Cosplay performance or skit.
4. Whatever stage props or items you bring with you for your skit, must leave the stage with you. Set up and clean up time is a part of your time limit. Going over will result in point reductions.
5. All dialogue, music, and props are required to fit within a PG-13 rating.
6. NO REAL WEAPONS ALLOWED ON STAGE AT ALL. You will be disqualified and removed from the stage if you bring them.
7. No nudity, excessive use of swearing, or public exposure is allowed.
8. If you need music or any dialogue to be played you are allowed to submit it, but please cut your own tracks, we will only accept one track so make sure it's cut the way you want it. There are two ways to submit dialogue or music tracks. One is with your Cosplay contest application via email, and the second is in person at the convention. Failure to do so, is not the fault of JPXpo, and a back up will not be provided.
9. JPXpo reserves the right to disqualify any person or group at the conventions discretion.
10. JPXpo and our Judges' judging decisions are final.
11. At the time of award someone from the group must be present to claim prizes within five minutes of the announcement, otherwise they are disqualified, and 1st place will be awarded to the runner-up.
12. Any and all rules, prizes, and methods of judging for the Cosplay Contest are subject to change without notice.
Rules for Dance Skit Competition:
1. The Dance Skit contest is a group competition with at least 2, and a maximum of 6.
2. Each skit is limited to 3 minutes. This includes set up and clean up! Failure to not keep within the time limit will result in a point reduction.
Rules for Entertainment Skits:
1. Max amount of participants 6.
2. Each skit is limited to 2 minutes. This includes set up and clean up! Failure to not keep within the time limit will result in point reduction.
Rules for Walk-on Contest:
1. This is a one man show.
2. The contest is done in a fashion show style.
3. You are judged on craftsmanship and encouraged to be as in character as possible.
4. You are allowed 1 minute maximum stage presence.
1. Presentation (How well the group or person got their point across, use of music, dialogue, and presented their Cosplay or skit. This category is worth twice as many points during the dance skits.)
2. Acting and Performance (How well the group or person performed.)
3. Entertainment value (How entertaining the cosplay skit or walk on is, based on audience excitement. This category is worth twice as many points during the entertainment skits.)
4. Cosplay ( Craftsmanship. This category is worth twice as many points during the walk-on contest.)
For any and all questions, suggestions, or comments concerning Jpxpos Contest, please contact our cosplay events coordinator or post a comment to our discord.